Goal: Create a frame of reference for each party to see if there is a good fit and if deeper discussions make sense.
1. Past – Where did things begin?
2. Present – What is instigating this initial conversation?
3. Future – What does a successful sales org look and sound like?
4. Commercial Terms
5. Determine if next steps make sense
Exit Criteria: All parties agree that additional discussions would be worthwhile.
Step 2: Assessment and/or Scoping:
1. Have a direct conversation and uncover current challenges and potential solutions.
2. Sales Strategies & Tools: CRM, Dialer, Motivation, Research, etc.
3. May include additional team members.
4. Define a successful outcome.
Exit Criteria: Both confirm everyone is on the same page with the right end goals in mind.
Step 3: Confirmation & Preparation
1. Finalize deliverables, time frame, and commercial terms
2. Go / No Go Decision
3. Contract signed
Exit Criteria: Final confirmation by both parties with signed contract.