Whether you are embarking on your first start-up experience or you are a seasoned veteran it’s always fun to take a moment to reflect on all those little things that make life working for a start-up fun, exciting, and humorous. Every person we know in startups, regardless of department: sales, marketing, inside sales, or a C-Level can relate.
We decided to take a moment and compile a list of some of our favorite start-up themes. So without further adieu, here are The Harris Consulting Group’s list of the “Top 10 Signs You Work for a Start-Up”…
10. You check the evite for events to see if there will be food served.
9. When people ask you where your office is you provide a vague reference like, “The City”.. Which is code for, “my apartment”.
8. The nicest conference room you have is the bar area of a 4-star hotel.
7. You spend half your time at your desk, the other half on a sofa or bean bag chair.
6. Interior Decorator, one word: IKEA.
5. You justify your time on social media as “work related”
4. You find all the recent press coverage about “drones” to be so 2010 because you have 6 in your office already.
3. You engage in an Andoid vs. iOS discussion at least once a week.
2. You are forced to convert from PC to MacBook Air but don’t want to make a big deal about it because it’s what all the cool kids are doing these days.
1. You’ve been there six months and your parents still don’t have a clue what your company does or what you do.
Join the conversation. What are some of your favorite memories from your start-up experiences?
Got questions about start-ups? Contact us, we are happy to share our experiences with you.