During this special episode of Surf and Sales Podcast, your co-hosts, Scott Leese and Richard Harris connect with life-long learner Travis King, and sales leader Kevin Mulrane. The world is evolving, especially the world of sales, but how can we get rid of the stigma around a sales career?
Here are a few of our favorite points we discussed:
- How Scott and Richard’s opposite personalities attract and work well for their partnership
- Scott – full speed ahead
- Richard – more conscientious/better at slowing down
- Scott kicks Richard in the ass, Richard pulls Scott back a bit
- People typically just fall into sales, but to get more people interested in the career we have to get rid of the stigma around it.
- It’s not just something to get you by for a few years, there can be a career path within sales, and we have to educate people on the possible paths you can take
- Everyone you know is in sales and it starts at a very young age. You are always selling or convincing someone of something
- How to get college kids interested in a career in sales
- Using videos at different parts of the sales cycle, not just to get leads
- The evolution of sales/what sales might look like in the future