There are 3 types of demos in #sales when following N.E.A.T. Selling.
N.E.A.T. = Need, Economic Impact, Access to Authority and Timeline
- Trailer – This is essentially an explainer video. This gives people just enough to understand the pains you solve to entice them into a deeper conversation. 2-3 minutes
- Main Feature – This is a demo that actually walks your prospects through their specific use cases as it relates to your product or service.
- Director’s Cut – This more like a POC or trial. Or perhaps a #CustomerSuccess demo of a new application
Throughout the #salescycle you must determine what is your equal get for giving these to people.
5 more tips about demos
- Demos are used to uncover pain, not showcase your UI
- Demos – The UI should sell itself, but only if you ask “how does this compare to your current way of doing things?”
- Demos are NEVER product training.
- Demos should be given when you feel it will help you get to the next stage
- Pre-qualify the demo, “Hey, before we do this demo. Assume it goes well because if it doesn’t I won’t hear back from you, what happens next from your side?”