The President’s Club, the much sought after trip for top sales professionals to relax and revel in their success. In 2020, that idea looked a lot different. And now that 2020 is dragging on into 2021, it’s time to start planning what President’s Club looks like in 2021.
- Delaying all trips until Sept 2021, often taking advantage of the Labor Day week, can be slower.
- Yes, they are still planning for January/February 2022 for the 2021 President’s Club to incentivize the end of the year.
- The idea of a salesperson, and their significant other, getting 2 trips in 4 months is very incentivizing.
- More companies are allowing SDRs/BDRs to go on President’s Club as well because it builds trust, loyalty, and can extend the rep staying in the role a bit longer if 2 trips are on the line.
- Some companies are allowing SDR/BDRs to “win” if they get promoted in that time, but that requires some unique planning.
- As for COVID, the most anyone can do is ask someone to sign a waiver that the company is not responsible if they get COVID.
- Most companies require a waiver anyway.
- In the case that you CANNOT ask someone if they had the vaccine, there could be massive HIPPA concerns around this, so check with legal.
- Be sure you check with your own insurance companies and legal team on these trips.
- If someone does not want to go, then offer equal cash value to them or a big travel gift card so they can take a trip when they feel comfortable.
Good and Inexpensive Travel Insurance and Reimbursements
- Many places are allowing for cancellation with little or no fees on your deposit up until May/June.
- Be sure you check this and print out anything you see on a website, just in case.
- For our Surf & Sales we suggest (not require) people to buy an inexpensive travel insurance policy from World Nomads Travel Insurance, and check carefully about pandemic language.
- As an example, a January trip to Costa Rica for a week is $71-$114 depending on the chosen plan.
I’m not a legal scholar, health professional, or insurance specialist. Take this all under advisement and do your own research. If I were running a sales team, I would be leaning heavily on having trips planned and adjust as necessary. Contact us here if you have additional questions.